Thursday, July 11, 2013

TBW's Thoughts Before The Big Weekend




Derek Linderman 

      It’s going to be interesting to see how the new teams play especially the slow pitch teams. I have a feeling some of the teams might be overwhelmed by the pitching but I’m looking forward to meeting the new teams. Some of my predictions include HRL being the best new team; we will have to look out for them. Also, I believe Griffleball will be a serious contender this year, their roster video shows they mean business.  I predict Mike Harley to be a top 5 pitcher this year and that no one will hit a ball further then Ryan Bush from last year’s tournament. I’m looking forward to seeing TBW improving from last year, we are hitting better with yellow bats and seem to have got this no scuff pitching down. I’m excited to hangout with everyone before we get serious on Saturday and can’t wait for the All-Star game; I have Austin Bishoff starting and Harley closing. The Blue team is going to take the first NWLA All-Star Game.  


Michael Harley

          If we throw strikes we win” That’s our motto. I think we didn’t know what to expect last year. We (especially I) were not prepared at all and tried to win on talent alone. I think having months after practice leading up to this year pitching from 50 ft. will help us reach our goal of winning it all. I’m going to try my best to make it but It’s going to suck if I miss Friday night festivities flying in from Austin late but I’ll be ready for Saturday. If we don’t win the tournament you can guarantee we will win the Mario Cart competition. Looking forward to facing WSEM after all the Trash Talk (in a nice way) Alex Shore has made on Facebook between his episodes of Sons of Anarchy. Also, looking to face OCWA again because they are last year’s winners.




Chris Harley

           Days away from the tournament and the feeling I have is indescribable. It’s like going to Vegas or taking a cruise, with unlimited booze and TED (The Bear).  There’s going to be All-Star Game, Homerun Derby, Good Food, Mario Cart, Drinking Games and Plenty of Jokes. Now with that said, last year’s final game hasn't left my nightmares since I threw the 32 straight ball in the championship game.  I think our team has better prepared ourselves for the long hot days and our pitchers have made major adjustments. Things I look forward to for the 2013 NWLA tournament is to play another team other than WSEM and win this thing. Good Luck to all teams and Welcome to the new ones. 




Shane Effertz

       Ahh the time has come again, the fresh air, clean cut grass, those awesome chair bench things. We had an absolute blast last year so back up north we go. Our goal this year is very complicated but if we can execute I can almost guarantee victory. “Score more runs than the other team.” There are good teams out there and the biggest challenge for us last time out was adjusting to the no scuff policy. I have confidence that we have put enough work in to get through that this year. None of us are fans of 2nd place and we’re there to win. See ya’ll in a few weeks!

                                   PS: I call Yoshi.




No comments:

Post a Comment